A School Board is required under the Education Act and consists of:
- Teacher representatives
- Parent Representatives
The Board meets on a minimum of four occasions per year.
School Board Members 2023:
School Board Chair – James Mclaughlin
School Board Secretary – Benjamin Higgins
Principal – Stuart Blackwood
School Representatives: – Amanda McAlpine & Benjamin Higgins
Parent Representatives: – Dan Orkney, Shelley Lantzke
Community Representative: – Prak Sangthong
The role and function of the Board is to (but not limited to):
- Review school performance and endorse school improvement plans
- Accept and endorse (and contribute to) the Annual Report.
- Endorse School Policy ( and develop as required)
- Endorse the annual finances through:
- Budget approval
- Approval of the scale of Fees, Charges and Contributions
- Monitor annual income and expenditure through finance committee reports.
- Other matters as relevant to the effective running and performance of the school